Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Scooter

We welcomed home a new family member over the weekend.  Say hi to Scooter.

 

Scooter is part Catahoula and we're not quite sure what the other part is.  He's around 9 months old, so he is a BIG puppy.  He's a sweetheart.  He loves everybody.  We had to leave him on Sunday for 3 1/2 hours to go to church and he did fine. Nothing was torn up in the house. Normally Kevin will be taking him to work everyday with him, but yesterday Kevin had training, so we had to leave him at the house for 9 hours. This is what I came home to.



Yes, that is my yarn. I keep that yarn basket over by the couch. It actually was latched closed, but he didn't care. I had two finished pairs of socks in there and two finished sleeves from a sweater I have been working on for several months (knit on size 2 needles so it is taking me forever). Thankfully he did not tear up any of my knitting! He tangled all the balls of yarn really good though. It took me two hours last night to get it all untangled. He ripped up my new bible study book on David by Beth Moore. It was a really nice hardback too. He tore the cover off my bible and shredded it, but he didn't tear a single page of the bible. Thank the Lord! We really did know better than to leave a puppy alone for that amount of time, but we really didn't have another alternative than to leave him outside and we don't know if he is a digger yet (we have some pretty big holes under our fence already).  Anyway, lesson learned.  I think we will be going shopping soon for some REALLY big bones for him to chew on if we have to be gone longer than a few hours.  

Here's another cute picture of him trying to get a stick through the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment