Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Yikes!

Sorry it has been so long since my last post.  Life has been busy.  Let me fill you in.

Back at the beginning of the month my friends Sheri and Gwen and I gave our friend Mayeli a baby shower.



Sheri made an adorable diaper cake and we had fondue for desert.  Good times!

Here's the little one.  Mayeli had him less than two weeks after the shower. 




A couple of weekends ago we went to San Antonio on a short mission trip.  One of Kevin's co-workers used to work at a church in the inner-city of San Antonio.  The full-time missionaries that are located there hand out free donated backpacks every year to the kids who need them.  We went down to help.  We also handed out many other things that were donated.  Here's a pic of us setting up the donations before the kids and their families came through.  Kevin is in the far back of the picture.



I think over 1,400 backpacks were given out.  It was a lot of fun.  Here's a pic of Kevin eating some really good Mexican food in San Antonio.  That was one humongous breakfast burrito!



My birthday was last week and it was great!  Here is a picture of my birthday cake that Kevin had his co-worker make for me.  Don't be deceived by the size of the picture.  It is actually a HUGE cupcake!  It was very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment