Monday, June 8, 2009

Family and Friends

We spent this past weekend in East Texas.  First we went to Carthage for my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary party.  There were so many people ther and some great food.  It was great to see most of my family again and visit and east some "grocery's" as my Poppa calls it. 



I love my grandparents.  We lived next door to them for many years that I was growing up.  My Poppa loves to talk about the bible and the Lord and work out in the yard.  Nanni is an artist and paints the most beautiful oil paintings.  We used to do all kinds of crafty stuff together when I was young.  They are truly a blessing to me, and I am very blessed to have them in my life and so close to me through all these years. 

My brother Joey came with us and my sweet niece Macy.  I spent a lot of time hogging her and taking pictures.  In fact I ran down my batteries before I could take pictures of anyone else.  Here are a few of my favorites.



Here's Macy with Uncle Kevin.



Aunt Jenn and Macy.  I think I might start going by Aunt JJ.  J's are usually hard for children to pronounce anyway and I was trying to think of something cute.



And Macy loves her Papaw. 

After the party we drove to Tyler to spend the rest of the weekend with Tish and Shane.  We had a great time!  We had dinner at Bruno's Pizza.  A Tyler favorite.  Sunday we went to church with them and afterwards to Jucy's Hamburgers!  The best hamburger I've ever had, and yes, it is better than Kincaid's.  It's close, but Juicy's is the clear winner.  This is something I definitely miss from Tyler and Longview. 



I know.  I look crazy in this picture, but it was so stinkin' good! 



The picture is kind of dark, but here's Tish and Shane enjoying their Jucy's burgers.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment