Friday, August 7, 2009

Now That's What I Call Breakfast!


My friend and co-worker subscribes to The FOOD Network magazine.  Great magazine!  It is loaded with tons and tons of recipes.  Definitely not like some magazines that are mainly full of ads. 

Well, I was skimming through her June/July 2009 issue and found an amazing recipe.  I sometimes like bizarre recipes; things you would not normally think to pair together.  One of my favorite sandwiches that I eat from time to time is PB, banana, honey, and bacon.  Love it!  People think I'm weird, but honestly, the salty bacon pairs so nicely with the sweetness of the PB and honey.  So when I saw this recipe, I just had to make it.

I introduce to you the maple French toast and bacon cupcake:



Seriously people; this is the bomb!  The creator of the recipe was trying to recreate her love of french toast and bacon smothered in maple syrup.  I think she hit the nail on the head!  You can't tell from the picture, but there is also bacon in the cupcake batter itself.  And believe me, you will want it in there!  These babies are RICH!!!  The salty bacon really helps to even things out.  I brought these into work and they were a hit.  They completely finished the entire dozen off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment