Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Big 3-0...

I turned 30 this year. Yep... I believe I handled it very well. The day itself wasn't too eventful, but the weekend after was. My amazing girlfriends planned a wonderful birthday celebration for me (sad that Tish wasn't able to be there).

We, along with the hubbies, went to Buttons! I was told that this place had great soul food and great live jazz/R&B music every night. We were not disappointed! The food was absolutely amazing! Each one of ordered a different dish. I got their most famous dish... chicken and waffles! Yuuuummmyyy!

And I just have to brag on the awesome birthday present I received from Brigitte, Anna, Tish, and Kevin...


A Le Creuset dutch oven!!! I had dreamed of owning one of these but never thought it possible considering how expensive they are. Do my friends know me or what? Sadly, Tish and Shane were not able to make it. I love that Brigitte was able to capture the moment though. I had been trying to think of a name for my Le Creuset and this is what I came up with: Julia. I feel it only appropriate. The Le Creuset is made in France. Julia Child loved France and cooked with Le Creuset's. Anyway, I'm a dork.
It was a GREAT birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment