Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas Knitting

I made three things this year for Christmas presents. Here are two of them that I actually got pictures of.




I made these fingerless mittens for my friend Brigitte. She had actually found a picture of some she liked and sent it to me (She already knew that I was making her something, so she just made a suggestion. I like that). I made them in an alpaca/wool blend, so they are softer and less scratchy than straight wool.



This is an infinity scarf that I made for my mother-in-law. This is how it looks wrapped around my neck three times. I think I went a little bit overboard on the length, but it is just so hard to tell how long it is when you are knitting it on 36 in. long circular needles. It’s also made out of alpaca and is a very fine yarn, so it is really soft. It's also a light ecru color, not yellow as the picture seems.

Soon I will post pics of a gift I made for a sweet little one year olds birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know it, your mother-in-law loves it. I have had so many compliments on it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete