Friday, June 29, 2012

Klive's Room

Klive's room is finally completely ready.  Let me say that I could not have finished this without a HUGE amount of help from Brigitte and Anna and my hubby.  After many showers and LOTS of stuff for Klive, I was feeling slightly overwhelmed with getting everything put in it's place.  I did manage to organize things into piles in the guest room, but I just simply couldn't get any further without help.  And I love to organize, but I just couldn't seem to get started.  Friends and hubby to the rescue!  They spent an entire Saturday afternoon helping me organize his drawers, his bath stuff, get off all the tags of his 0-3 month clothes, take sheets and changing pad covers out of packaging, hang up shelves and art, assemble the bouncer and play yard, and even make a cute pendant banner to put on the wall over his bed.  They even packed his diaper bag!  Wonderful I tell you!  I spent several days doing lots of laundry and putting everything away.  That was fun.


The hanging shelves and the lamp came from IKEA.  Bless you Anna and Brigitte for putting that lamp together!  Let's just say the assembly was a little frightening at first.  The lovely blue crocheted blanket hanging on the chair was made by my Aunt Nini, and the quilt with my fabric was made by my friend Veronica's mom.  It's so soft and sweet!


And this was my DIY project.  I sanded this nightstand that used to be beige and painted it the same gray that I used on two of the walls in his room.  I think it turned out very well. 


Check out the awesome bookshelves that Kevin made!  This is exactly what I wanted his bookshelves to look like, but finding something like this proved to be difficult.  Crate and Barrel actually sells shelves like these, but they are $20 each and only two feet long.  These shelves are four foot long.  The bookshelves really meant a lot to me because I love to read so much and I hope Klive does as well.


Sorry, some of these pics are grainy and dark.  The tree painting was made by my friend Gwen.  Isn't it awesome!  It looks just like the tree in my fabric!  And the fabulous rocking horse was given to Klive by Kevin's uncle.  Klive will just love it!


Above his crib is the banner that myself and the girls made out of some burlap, rope, and a little paint.  And check out the crib skirt that Veronica's mom made for me!  It should be a little straighter for the pic, but I had just messed around with the mattress so it got a little lopsided.  It is perfect though!  Also hanging off the crib is a sweet crocheted hooded blanket made by my mother-in-law.  Precious!

I haven't managed to put anything in the smaller frames yet, but I do have plans for them.  I purchased the center framed art with his name from sarah + abraham.  They have the cutest stuff!

I really love how everything turned out and I can't wait to see Klive in his new room.

1 comment:

  1. Klive's room looks fantastic and I figured as much coming from you. Kevin did a great job on the book shelves! And don't worry about Klive having a passion to read. As long as you can instill it in him at an early age then he will continue. There will be a period where you may think he won't be a reader but one day he will surprise you. Some of my favorite memories as a kid are being read to by mom or dad.
    I cannot wait to see the nursery and hold my awesome nephew!
    Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete