Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Books We Love

As I've mentioned before, Klive loves to be read to and loves reading to others.  I hope to instill a great love of reading in him.  I really don't have any qualms about buying him books when I find one that I think he will enjoy.  I believe it is money well spent.  Here are several of Klive's favorite books.


B is for Bear  - This was a gift that Klive received at one of his baby showers.  He still enjoys this book after many many months.  The touch and feel pages are great. 


Trucks Go - You get to make fun truck sounds.  What's not to love?  The more exaggerated the sounds that I make, the more Klive loves it.


Hop on Pop -  Dr. Seuss... need I say more.  Klive loves the rhyming in this book.  He starts grinning the moment I read that first page.


Red Truck - Bar none this is his favorite book.  The illustrations are bright and fun.  I will read it and he will hand it back to me asking, "More?"  This will repeat about five times.


As for myself, my list is more of a what I'm reading now. 


The Hobbit - I've wanted to read this for quite some time.  I have to say that I love Tolkien.  I'm only halfway through, but I am already in love with his writing.  I plan to read the entire Lord of the Rings series next, but I have heard that it is more of a challenge to read.  I'm looking forward to digging in to those soon.

 
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth - I was told that this was a must read.  Great information if you want to learn more about labor and the progression of it.  The personal stories are a must read and so informative.  I haven't quite finished it yet, but this is going to be a great reference in general.


So little time, so much to read...

No comments:

Post a Comment