Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Foodies

I am thankful to have friends who appreciate gastronomy (the art of good eating) as much as I do. In fact, they are willing to spend hours upon hours creating a wonderfully tasty dish. The end result is of course the best part, but the learning and creating are also quite enjoyable.

Tish and I made beef bourguignon several months ago when I was in town visiting. The flavor is always so incredible!


And Brigitte and I made a chocolate Pavlova with whipped cream and raspberries a few weeks ago. Divine!


Last Saturday I chose a challenging recipe out of Mastering the Art of French Cooking for Brigitte and I to tackle together. It was actually two different recipes. First you had to roast a chicken - French style. We trussed the chicken, which was a new experience for both of us, and roasted it in the oven for several hours while basting it every 10 minutes. Of course it produces the most gorgeous bird you ever did see. Then we carved the chicken, poured cognac over it, and lit it on fire. Sorry for the blurry pic, but it is an action shot of Brigitte shaking the fiery pan of chicken.

The chicken is then steeped in a port wine sauce with mushrooms and cream. Melt in your mouth goodness!

2 comments:

  1. I was just looking over my pictures of the beef bourguignon and it made my mouth water! I really want to make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOO amazing!

    ReplyDelete