Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cupcake Heaven

A couple of weeks ago I had a very nice lunch in downtown Grapevine with my Administrative Assistant friends from work. I wasn't the one to schedule the lunch, so far be it for me to decide the restaurant. I mean, isn't that the responsibility of the scheduler? Well, no one wanted to make any suggestions, so I HAD to speak up. Afterall; someone had to take the reins! The ladies give me a hard time for being somewhat high-maintenance when it comes to going out to lunch. I'm kind of selective. I don't want to go somewhere that I'm not in the mood for. Anyway, we ended up at Tolbert's. They are known for their chili, which is pretty darn good by the way. I ended up eating a little on the lighter side with grilled chicken. I must confess that I had an alterior motive for going to downtown Grapevine. It was all a part of my plan. Mwah ha ha! I desperately wanted to stop by Legacy Cakes just up the street. This bakery was just opened recently by Megan Rountree from the TLC show Next Great Baker. Unfortunately, we do not have cable, so I was never able to see the show. What intrigued me was that Megan lived in my hometown of White Oak when she was recruited for the show. Afterall; I had to support this girl that lived in my hometown! Let me say, she is so sweet and nice and came out and met us as we had the painstaking challenge of picking what cupcake that we wanted. I chose chocolate peanut butter. Chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting... divine!

2 comments:

  1. YUMMY! how neat that she came from your neck of the woods. those east texas girls know how to bake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, this looks so good. We need to go there soon.

    ReplyDelete