I think our yellow summer squash got into some kind of mutant ectoplasm or something.
This is the only thing that has come off of that plant all summer. Kevin looked it up and it either was too close to another similar plant and cross-pollinated or something, or it stayed on the vine too long and got all bumpy. It said that it was still edible, but I think I'll pass.
On the crafty front... Brigitte and I got together recently and made these super cute storage cubes.
I got the pattern out of 1, 2, 3 Sew by Ellen Luckett Baker. The project was slightly frustrating. We got all of the pieces cut out and started sewing the interfacing when my sewing machine went bonkers. I believe it is a tension problem in the bobbin case. Grrrrr! We had to stop mid-project and pick it back up again a couple of weeks later at Brigitte's mother-in-law's house. She has a sweet sewing machine that makes beautiful, even stitches... sigh... Anyway, we were super proud of ourselves for reading and deciphering the pattern ourselves. I bought enough of the fabric to make two; very ambitious of me. We'll see if that happens. Right now I will be happy with my one and maybe find something else to do with the leftover super cute fabric.