Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Weekend Fun

I left Friday morning on my way to East Texas to see Tish.  First we stopped by KVNE.  Tish and I both used to be announcers there.  In the picture with us is Mike the Station Manager and Morning Co-Host.  Mike was a great boss.  

We did something crazy that evening.  Tish suggested that we go roller skating.  She had a by one get one free coupon, so that is what we did.  Don't think it was such a great idea.  Can you imagine two late 20-somethings at a skating rink on a Friday night with 50 or more middle schoolers and high schoolers?!  The horror of it all was that they let the kids onto the skating rink with their tennis shoes on!  Yes!  Back in my day that would have never been aloud.  I personally believe that you shouldn't be out on the skating rink if you don't have skates on.  That is common sense people!  Anyway, kids were darting in and out almost knocking us over on several occasions.  Here is skating evidence.
 

I went to my mom's house the following day.  She had surgery earlier in the week and is pretty much subject to the couch for a while.  We watched movies, and I got a lot of knitting accomplished.

These are the Eesti Trail Hiking Socks from the book Favorite Socks.  The yarn is Knitpicks merino wool.  I hope the brown on brown isn't too 70's.  Oh well, I like them despite and that is all that matters.  
I also finished "Leaf" from Knitty.

I did a similiar color to the pattern.  I like it.  It is definitely not a summer piece.  I did it in Debbie Bliss merino wool.

My next project will be the French market bag from Weekend Knitting.  I have always wanted to make that bag! 

No comments:

Post a Comment