Tuesday, July 3, 2007

4th of July

When I was growing up we lived out in the country.  My uncle always bought tons fireworks and set them off in the field by our house (and sometimes on our front porch while dad was napping in the living room, he he).  Once Kevin and I were shooting fireworks in our backyard (we also lived in the country during that time).  Well, I guess it may have been a little dry that year and we had a field behind our house.  It's not good when you continue to see something glowing behind the shed.  No, it is not a spacecraft.  Good thing we got the fire out before it spread any further than it did.  We didn't set off any more fireworks that night.  

Two years ago we were flying back from a mission trip in Poland on the 4th of July.  We landed at the airport after dark and were able to see all the fireworks in the DFW area from the sky.  It is very cool to watch fireworks from a plane.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment