Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Just in time for... er, summer?

I love knitting socks. Yes indeed. The first pair I ever knitted was probably about 4 years ago. Since then I estimate that I have knitted about 25 pairs of socks, and of those I have given 1/3 away. But not these! (I know you are all thinking... Wow! Jenn has gone from pasty white legs to a nice tan. Nope. My lovely Puerto Rican friend is the owner of these legs and kindly agreed to model for me.)




It's not that they took a lot of time. In fact, these were a relatively quick knit due to the fact that I wasn't using a skinny sock weight yarn. They didn't even cost me anything. I used the leftover yarn from a sweater I made and posted about during the summer. The reason I love these socks is because they are like 2 socks in one! They are double thick because of using so many colors and carrying the strands of non-working yarn on the wrong side of the work. They are extra warm and toasty. Perfect for when the weather gets cold... in like 8 months or so. I got the pattern from this book:




Lots and lots of great sock patterns! Guess I better get started on another pair...

No comments:

Post a Comment