Friday, May 25, 2007

Finished

Well, I finished my swimming lessons last night.  I have to say that I was relieved.  This is what I accomplished: I got on my back by myself and floated, I swam across the pool on my back, and I can hold a floaty board in my hands and kick.  I'm not able to kick and move my arms yet.  That is still REALLY scary!  I really do feel like I accomplished something though.  I can now swim on my back without being terrified!  I may not have conquered my fear completely, but at least I faced it.  I have to thank my friend Tish.  She was my backbone through all this.  She's the one I talked to every evening after my lessons.  She encouraged me and supported me through it all and told me how proud she was of me.  Thank you Tish!  Love you!  Also Veronica, my work girlfriend!  She has been an encouragement to me too!  Thanks V!  I will be calling my friend's with pools soon (you know who you are) so that I can practice.  I think I will probably take lessons again in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment