Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Weekend

Let's see...  Saturday I cleaned, ran some errands with Kevin, knitted, and watched some TV.  Sunday we went to church, I cleaned, knitted, read, and watched some TV.  Monday was slightly more eventful.  I read some in the morning and then went for a walk.  I walk at the cemetary near my house.  That creeps some of my friends out, but it really doesn't bother me.  It's a pretty peaceful place.  If I go around it twice, it's almost 3 miles.  It is a good way to track how much I have walked.  Oh, and I saw two roadrunners there!  I haven't seen any of those since I was little and lived out in the country.  At 3:00 p.m. I had a hair appointment.  After that we went to our friend's house to take homeade ice cream and brownies.  Bill and Shannon just a baby boy last Wednesday and the plan was to take them a meal, but they had already cooked a brisket for the holiday, so they were happy with the desert we brought.  I had planned to take pictures of the glorious homeade ice cream.  We have just about worn our ice cream maker out making homeade vanilla ice cream.  My husband will not add any type of mix-in or dabble in any other flavor.  It must be strictly vanilla!  We have the typical plug-in, motor, with a cylinder surrounded by ice, rock salt, and a bucket, ice cream maker.  Here's the recipe:

6 large eggs
2 cup sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
whole milk

Whisk the eggs until well beaten in a large bowl.  Add the following 4 ingredients and mix well.  Pour the mixture into the cylinder and add milk until you reach the fill line.  Mix well and your ready to get it started.  

I didn't say that it was a healty recipe.  And no, you will not die from eating the eggs raw.  Once the eggs get to a freezing temperature in the ice cream maker, they are safe to eat.  I've been eating this recipe my entire life and have never gotten sick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment