Friday, May 18, 2007

My first post!

Yeah!  My first blog post ever.  I have many interests and didn't want to narrow it down to just one, so you'll hear about all of them eventually.  I'll just dive right in to my evening last night.  I am learning how to swim.  No, I do not know how to swim.  My entire family does not know how to swim.  There was a tramatic experience that happened at my brother's swimming lessons when he was 5 and I was 3.  Let's leave it at that.  Needless to say, my mother never took us back to take swimming lessons.  I honestly feel like I was jipped!  For someone who has been taught to fear the water their entire life, it is freaking hard to take swimming lessons as an adult!  I just finished my fourth 30 minute lesson.  I can now swim across the pool on my back.  Quite an accomplishment I think.  I'm still having trouble with the swimming that involves laying face first in the water on my stomach.  I think it's the fear of DYiNG!  Okay, I know I'm not going to die with the teacher by my side, but that's what it feels like at every lesson.  Sounds like fun, huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment