Thursday, August 23, 2007

Birthday

I had a great birthday yesterday!  I now unfortunately have to say that I am in my late 20's.  I can no longer say that I am in my mid 20's.  My husband reminded me of this the other day.  He was sweet though and bought me a fun gift.  Let me start off by saying that Kevin and I do not give each other gifts for our birthdays, only cards.  We also do not give each other presents at Christmas time.  It doesn't bother me in the slightest.  Although I do enjoy a surprise every now and then.  When we were given gifts at our wedding showers, someone gave us a bowl.  It was a medium size white plastic bowl with a pour spout and a black handle.  I love this bowl.  It's great for pouring cake batter and pancakes.  Love it, love it, love it!  In fact, I think I say it out loud every time I use it.  So... Kevin found this!

A large mixing bowl with pour spout and a pink handle!  What girl could ask for more.  I really do love it!  Very creative gift!  I also had requested a birthday cake from Debbie.  Debbie works with Kevin and makes fabulous professional deserts for weddings, showers, and special occasions.  I've had her cake before and it is wonderful.  She has been wanting to take a break from cake making, but she did a favor and made one for me.  Kevin told her my interests and this is what she came up with:

Isn't that the cutest cake ever!!!  The yarn balls are pieces of domed cake with lots and lots of frosting on top.  I hated to cut into it.  It was so delicious though!  I had asked for wedding cake, and I don't think I've ever tasted a wedding cake as good as this; not even my own.  

I received lots of great gifts for my birthday: money, Starbucks gift cards, flowers, yarn, a Rockey Mountain Chocolate Factory apple, and a movie.  My friends at work had a party for me and we had cake.  It was a good day!

Knitting progress:

Here's the latest progress on my bag.  My colors aren't as bold and contrasting as the one in the book, but are more subtle.  I can't wait to finish and felt it in the washing machine.  I estimate this bag to be done in November.  It's going to take me a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment