Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Sad News

I will give you the short version since this is very hard for me to talk about right now.  Our new dog Woodrow woke up Monday morning with seizures.  He had two before we left for the vet.  If any of you have ever seen your pet have a seizure, you know how awful it is.  The vet's office opened 10 min. after we arrived.  In that time he had three more seizures and they continued to get progressively more violent.  Kevin stayed with him in the examining room with the doctor while I waited outside.  I was getting physically ill.  He had several more seizures while in the examing room.  The doctor told Kevin he could put him on seizure meds, but that might not help him.  He told Kevin is was probably something hereditery.  He was concerned about the frequency of the seizures and how violent they had become.  He said he could put him to sleep and if it was his dog he would do the same thing to keep him from suffering.  Kevin and I agreed.  I got to say goodbye to him while he was sleeping.  It's amazing how attached you can get to a dog in less than a week.  I had literally fallen in love with him and taken him on a walk everyday.  I miss him so much and can't shake the awful memory of what I saw him go through yesterday.  I am so glad he is not suffering anymore.  He was a joy to Kevin and me while we had him and I think we made him happy too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment