Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Finished Socks

I'm feeling pretty much back to normal now.  I think I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow.  I'm going to take it easy though; just weights and probably walk a couple of miles on the treadmill.  I'm not sure if I'm ready to hop back on the elliptical yet.  

I finished my socks over the weekend when I was laid up on the couch.  
   

Man, my calves look huge!  I love these socks though.  They are machine washable, unlike most of my hand knit socks, and they are SO soft and comfortable.  They are all mine!  I really like the self-striping pattern.  This yarn was gifted to me by a lovely lady I work with named Janet.  She is in my lunch knitting group at work and a knitting guru.  

I just discovered a secret of my husband's this evening.  He goes out most Tuesday nights with one of our good friends from church (this I knew).  They started out by meeting at Starbucks and talking over coffee.  Well, it turns out that the last 3 or 4 times I thought they were "going out for coffee", they have been going to the bowling alley!  He had been keeping his bowling ball and shoes in his truck so I wouldn't know!  He hadn't told me about this new meeting place because he wanted to be well practiced.  Basically he was under the impression that he could kick my butt the next time we went bowling together.  How sneaky!  It's on!  I'm searching http://dallas.craigslist.org/ as we speak to find my own bowling ball and shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment