Friday, June 15, 2007

Sick

Well, it's been interesting.  I went home early from work on Wednesday.  I had a fever and chills, achenes, cough, and my chest hurt.  I didn't go to work yesterday because I was still feeling bad.  I took two Mucinex D at 10:00 a.m.  Bad idea.  After about 20 min. my heart started beating faster and my breathing was a little bit labored.  I decided to go ahead and go to CareNow to get some treatment.  I wasn't terribly concerned until I had been there for about 5 min.  My breathing became a little more difficult and my hands started going numb.  Fortunately I only had to wait 15 min. (I've waited 4 hours there before).  When the nurse called me back I though my knees were going to buckle underneath me.  As she asked me questions, my hands became completely numb and was moving up my arms.  I then began to hyperventilate.  That is NOT fun.  The led me back to a bed and called the doctor.  My legs were going numb at this point and I thought I was going to be sick.  He tried to straighten my contorted hands.  He helped me get my breathing down a little bit and decided to call an ambulance.  He helped me call Kevin to let him know what hospital I was going to.  They gave me a shot of a steriode.  The ambulance came and got me.  I was a little disappointed they didn't run the siren.  After all, I will be paying out the wazoo for that ride. :)  Just kidding, I was embarrassed enough as it was.  My heart rate had gone down some and they didn't feel I was in a lot of danger.  They got me in a room and Kevin showed up.  I was so glad he was there!  They did a EKG and chest x-ray.  They wanted to make sure I didn't have a blood clot.  They then took several lung tests.  I checked in at noon and I didn't get my results back till 7:45 p.m.  It turns out that I have pneumonia in my left lung.  Crazy!  I've never had pneumonia.  Probably got it from all the germy people at work.  It turns out that Mucinex works so quickly it can raise your heart rate.  When my breathing became labored it made my hands started going numb from lack of oxygen.  The rest I did myself.  I got scared and that raised my heart rate and caused less oxygen and more numbness.  Needless to say I will never take Mucinex again!  I'm just taking it easy at home today and recovering with some meds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment